God is leading us as Canadian Baptists to more positively engage with Canada’s indigenous peoples – First Nations, Inuit and Metis. Come and be inspired and challenged through the plenary speakers, workshops, worship and sharing. Celebrate the richness of their cultures. Learn from gifted First Nations leaders. Network. Hear stories. Tell stories. Get vision and ideas. Be convicted about justice and advocacy issues.
April 4-5, 2014
Lorne Park Baptist Church, Mississauga, ON
- Terry LeBlanc – Indigenous Pathways (www.naiits.org; www.mypeopleinternational.com)
- Cheryl Bear (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cheryl-Bear/70132140328)
- Mark Buchanan (www.markbuchanan.net)
- Stan Beardy (www.chiefs-of-ontario.org/node/375)
Workshops on topics such as:
- Distinctives of culturally-authentic worship in First Nations contexts
- Gospel contextualization in First Nations cultures
- Church/First Nations relationships and ministry in our cities
- Dealing with “white” prejudice, misconceptions and myths in our churches
- Biblical values that are more purely reflected in First Nations culture than in our dominant Canadian culture, and what we need to learn from them
- Ministering among First Nations communities from a distance
- Ministering among First Nations communities that are literally your neighbours
- Treaty realities, injustices, and future possibilities . . . and more
This conference is for both pastors and lay leaders of churches involved in or interesting in being involved in First Nations ministry.
Sorry, registration for the New Paths Indigenous Peoples Ministry Conference has been closed. We thank God that the conference is more than full and especially for the interest in pursuing better relationships and ministry partnerships with indigenous and non-indigenous peoples.
For further information please contact Blair Clarke at Canadian Baptist Ministries – (905) 821-3533 – email@example.com