Our three Associate Executive Ministers (AEMs) are available to assist our pastors and churches in fulfilling their mission. Each AEM is a director of a centre that is tasked with helping us reach out 2025 Goals (https://baptist-atlantic.ca/2025-goals/).
- Rev. Kevin Vincent (begins May ’15)- New Congregations
- Rev. Greg Jones – Congregational Renewal
- Rev. Dr. Garth Williams – Leadership Development
Read more about the Three Centres here: https://baptist-atlantic.ca/our-convention/three-centres/.
- “I’m a pastor considering a move – who can help me?”
- “We’re a church looking for a pastor – who can help us?”
- “I’m a pastor facing a crisis – who do I call?”
- “We’re a church in need of direction & vision – what resources are available?”
- “I’m available for pulpit supply – who do I tell?”
Contact Wendy Jones, the Coordinator of Ministry Priorities for the Associate Executive Ministers by phone (506-635-1922 ext. 102) or email – email@example.com.
Some of the resources/workshops that Associate Executive Ministers are able to offer include:
- Assessing Your Church’s Health
- Transitioning Your Church to Increasing Health
- Understanding Your Core Values
- Developing Your Church’s Strategic Vision and Objectives (making use of ‘Discovery’ and/or ‘Natural Church Development’)
- Resources on Evangelism: Alpha, Lifeworks, Becoming a Contagious Christian
- Taking Aim at Leadership: Lay Leadership in the Local Church
- Seminars for Deacons, Trustees and other Church Leaders
- Ministry of Mediation or Arbitration: Help When the Church is in Conflict
- Developing the Art of Gracious Disagreement
- Help for the Church Looking for a Pastor – Pastoral Transition Process
- Holistic Biblical Stewardship
- Growing Financially Healthy Congregations
Are you a church seeking a pastor? We have some resources that can help. The AEMs has been entrusted with the responsibility of being a resource person to Pulpit/Search Committees, and normally it is through the Associate Executive Ministers that a resume reaches a Pulpit/Search Committee. However, a Pulpit/Search Committee has the right to approach a pastor personally to request that you provide a resume. If this should happen it would be helpful for the pastor to make to the Associate Executive Ministers aware of the request.
First point of contact – Wendy Jones – Phone (506-635-1922 ext. 102) or email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend each candidate use a Uniform Resume Format (see below):
- To help Pulpit/Search Committees to process the resume information efficiently;
- To give Pulpit/Search Committees uniform resume categories to review;
- To assist the Associate Executive Ministers in presenting resume information;
- To help ensure that confidentiality is retained once a resume has been released.
Preparation for Interviews
You are encouraged to save the following items for discussion at the interview with a Pulpit/Search Committee:
- Reasons for being open to a new call;
- Specific experiences in the present and/or past ministry situations;
- Personal interests, “hobby horses,” and biases.
Accredited pastor available for pulpit supply and/or interim ministry? Fill out this form: www.surveymonkey.com/s/CABC-pulpit-supply-interim-list.
- This information will then be posted on our CABC website for the exclusive purpose of assisting churches in obtaining pulpit supply and interim pastors.
- Only those with current credentials (eg. Church license, association license, BMSE approved recognized) will be listed. (It should be noted that for those with church or association licenses, it will be your responsibility to notify the CABC (Wendy Jones) of when your license is renewed in order to keep your name on this list.)
Are you a church looking for pulpit supply or interim ministry? Click here: https://baptist-atlantic.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Pulpit-Supply-Interim-July-16-2015.pdf