Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28: 18-20
The Atlantic Baptist Mission Board is an independently incorporated Board within the Convention of Atlantic Baptist Churches that works closely with Convention Council to achieve the goals of Convention. Specifically, the Board’s role is to “ensure that a central guiding vision is maintained in the areas of evangelism, church planting, intercultural ministries, and special mission projects”.
The Board is composed of eight voting members, (seven elected by the Convention plus the Superintendent of the Home Mission Department of Atlantic Baptist Women), and the Director of Atlantic Baptist Mission. The Annual Meeting of the Board normally takes place in September of each year, with additional meetings being held as needed.
The Discovery Process
Discovery is a process designed to facilitate the renewal of vision and ministry in the local church. Its goal is that:
Each local church will be a dynamic spiritual-social presence relevant to its community acting as Christ’s agent of reconciliation and hope.
Discovery is unique to the Convention of Atlantic Baptist Churches. It was initially developed as a tool to meet the needs of the many “rural” churches in our constituency but has since evolved into one that will help instill new life into any congregation that wishes to use it.
- Learn more about the Discovery Process
A significant portion of the Atlantic Baptist Mission Board annual budget is set aside to help fund various churches, ministries, missions and situations within the Convention of Atlantic Baptist Churches.
Depending upon the need and the availability of funds, both the Ministry Initiative Grant and Capital Grant may be extended to churches.
For more information or to obtain copies of grant application forms please contact your local Association or Jacqueline Derrah (email – email@example.com; Phone – 506-635-1922).
- the renewal or revitalization of the church’s ministry;
- to become a healthy (or healthier) growing church;
- to establish a specific outreach ministry in the community or beyond;
- to reach the immediate community and beyond with the Gospel;
- to establish a point of mission or plant a new church;
- to begin a new ministry initiative or move the ministry of the church in a new direction.
Application can be made in writing to the Atlantic Baptist Mission Board, 1655 Manawagonish Road, Saint John, NB E2M 3Y2 . The application should contain the following:
- A statement outlining the nature of the project and the estimated cost.
- A statement outlining the proposed financial plan (church contribution to the project, other sources, etc.).
- The grant amount being requested.
- A copy of the church’s most recent financial statements should be enclosed.