Welcome to the Communications department! Our mandate is to share with the churches and people of our Convention stories of the mission and ministry we are doing together as Atlantic Baptists. Some of the ways we do this include:
- Continually updating this web site
- Distributing Convention Connection bulletin inserts sent to all churches
- Distributing monthly Convention & Youth and Family Updates via email to pastors, church leaders and anyone else wanting to know what’s going on
- Making presentations in churches and at other gatherings
- Circulating periodic brochures
- Continually updating a database of contact information for our churches and leaders
- Continually updating the searchable on-line directory on this web site
- Yearbooks are also available here.
Looking for a speaker?
The staff of our Convention would be delighted to speak at your church! Our staff are available for special Sundays such as church anniversaries or new facility openings – we want to help you celebrate! Staff are also available to speak at community outreach events or signature Sundays – we want to help you reach your community! Convention staff are also available to speak on subjects within their area of special expertise. For instance, if your church wanted to have a youth emphasis Sunday, a special youth event, or a Sunday with an emphasis on marriage or parenting, someone from our youth and family department would be pleased to come.
If you want to plan a church-wide spiritual life retreat, a strategic planning gathering, a leadership seminar or stewardship seminar, our staff can help you. You can contact a staff member directly and invite them to come.
Each year, the churches of our Convention submit reports that help the Convention office understand how to serve member churches better. Contact information is used to update the contact information in the online Church Directory and statistics are published online in the Convention Yearbook. If your church has yet to fill out this year’s Annual Church Report, you can download them here. Copies will be mailed out to each church.
Annual Church Life Reports now available (year ending 2013):
- Print and fill out: MS Word 2010 or later / MS Word 2004-2007 / PDF (non-fillable)
- Fillable PDF: Please use the most recent version of Adobe Reader to fill this form out (other options such as Preview on Apple products will not work as completely). You can fill it out in the Adobe reader and submit it by email. Note that if you use desktop email software (ie., Outlook) the form will attach directly to an email there. If you use a web email service (ie., Gmail, Yahoo), you will need to save the completed form and attach it manually.
- Online: http://atlbaptist.wufoo.eu/forms/annual-church-life-report/. *Please collect all information before starting online form. Download form using links above.