The chief role of the Operations department is to provide oversight to the finances of our Convention in keeping with the budget adopted by delegates at Assembly. The department also provides oversight to the insurances and benefits programs for clergy and other members of church staffs, and resources to help church treasurers accurately fulfill their responsibilities.
Services we help to provide to our pastors & churches:
- Baptist Church Insurance Program: Offered through The Safety Group and Royal & Sun Alliance
- Furnace Oil Discount for CABC Churches: Offered through Irving Oil. Call 1-888-310-1924 ext. 3480 for more information.
- Preauthorized Debit for Churches See Below
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP): Available for for all ministry staff who are members of the Canadian Baptist Ministries Pension Plan residing in Atlantic Canada.
- Pension & Insurances: National group benefit plan and a defined contribution pension plan
- Information for Treasurers: Important information for all church treasurers – handbooks, forms & recommendations.
Preauthorized Debit for Churches
The Convention of Atlantic Baptist Churches is offering a new service to all affiliated churches. Your church can save time and money; as well, pre-authorized giving allows donors to give continuous support to their church.
- Brochure – http://baptist-atlantic.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Preauthorized-debit-CABC-churches-brochure.pdf
- Initial Form – http://baptist-atlantic.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/preauthorized_debit_for_churches.pdf
- Need to make changes to existing account: http://baptist-atlantic.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/preauthorized_debit_31.pdf
How it Works:
We will withdraw money from individual’s accounts, then transfer the money, less the necessary service charges, to the church at the end of each month.
The individual has a choice of having the funds withdrawn weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or bi-monthly.
The church must fill out this letter and attach a void cheque on the account in which the funds will be deposited.
This form must be filled out by each individual who wishes to give to the church, attach a void cheque and return to the person who is responsible for donations in the church.
This change form can be used to make changes once a month to the donations.
The person in the church responsible for this program must send the forms & void cheque’s in to the address below by the 25th of the month for the next month (ie, Jan 25th for February’s donations)
We are providing this service to the churches but need to cover our costs. The service charges are as follows:
- $75 one time set up fee
- $2.50 per person per month for the first 10 people.
- $2.00 per person thereafter.?
If you have any further questions please contact:
Allison Hyde, Financial Assistant
1655 Manawagonish Road, Saint John, NB E2M 3Y2
Tel: 506-635-1922, ext 110