The role of the Finance department is to provide oversight to the finances of the CABC in keeping with the budget adopted by delegates at Assembly (Oasis). As well, we offer resources and programs that benefit pastors and churches and information to help church treasurers fulfill their role.
What We Provide:
- Baptist Church Insurance Program: Offered through The Safety Group and Ecclesiastical Insurance. Palmer-Atlantic-CABC-church-program-2014.pdf
- Furnace Oil Discount for CABC Churches: Offered through Irving Oil. Call 1-888-310-1924 ext. 3480 for more information. cabc_furnace_oil_application_nov08.pdf
- Preauthorized Debit for Churches:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pension & Insurance Benefits (link)
- GoodLife Fitness discount – contact Rev. Cheryl Ann Beals for more information
- 2015 Salary Recommendation For Ministers (pages 5-13 in the Treasurers Handbook
- 2016 Treasurers Handbook. The Treasurers’ Handbook is prepared by the Director of Operations to help local church treasurers efficiently and accurately fulfill their responsibilities. The handbook also contains guidelines to help Search Committees and Boards of Deacons establish fair compensation packages for their pastor.
- Sun Life Treasurer’s Guide
- Canadian Council of Christian Charities. Treasurers may find it helpful to access resources available on the website for the Canadian Council of Christian Charities. If your church is not a member you will be able to learn more about the benefits of becoming an affiliated member.
- Confidential Information Sheet. This form must be sent in to the Benefits Coordinator as soon as there is a change in salary. Great West Life requires the Total Salary figure to calculate the Long Term Disability premium. Once the form is received and calculated by Great West Life the adjustment in premium will be billed back to the church. If a member has to go on Long Term Disability, they will receive 67% of the last reported salary.
- New Employee: When a new employee meets the eligibility requirements for the Pension and Insurance Plan, contact Sun Life Financial at 1-800-387-7262 to enroll them in the Pension Plan and then have the employee fill out the Insurance Plan Enrollment Forms (see above) within 30 days and return to the Pension and Insurance Board.
- Monthly Remittance Form used for contributions to the Convention of Atlantic Baptist Churches and our shared ministry (formerly called “United in Mission”) and for supplemental contributions to the following:
- Canadian Baptist Ministries
- Atlantic Baptist Missions
- Acadia Divinity College
- Crandall University
- Union of French Baptist Churches
- Halifax Hospital Chaplaincy
- Saint John-Kings Hospital Chaplaincy
- December Communion Offering Fund
- Preparing Future Pastors Fund
Who to contact:
- Daryl MacKenzie, Director of Facilities and Finance – email@example.com; 1-506-635-1922 ext. 107
- Allison Hyde, Financial Assistant – firstname.lastname@example.org; 1-506-635-1922 ext. 110