The Regulations, approved by the CBAC Assembly, govern the activities of the Board of Ministerial Standards and Education. They include information about the processes toward ordination, recognition of prior ordination, and becoming a recognized lay leader, as well as professional standards and ethics for pastors and lay leaders. This information is meant as a resource for those who are accredited ministers or those who feel led by God to prepare for vocational ministry or recognized lay leadership. The information here can also help those who are leaders in churches better understand how someone prepares to become, and maintains one’s standing as, a pastor/recognized lay leader in the CBAC.
- Regulations Concerning the Ministry Revised August 2016 (complete PDF)
- Sections 1,2 – Ordination Revised August 2016
- Section 3 – Recognition of Prior Ordination Revised August 2016
- Sections 4 and 5 – Recognized Lay Leader Revised August 2016
- Sections 1 to 3 Ministerial Professional Standards Revised August 2016
- Section 4 Policies and Procedures for Amendment of the (“Protocol”) Document Revised August 2016
- Recognized Convention Lay Pastor Regulations – prior to Oasis 2016. Lay Pastor Training Program graduates who have received an official call to a position as pastor in a church may seek to become a Recognized Convention Lay Pastor under these Regulations up to and including the October 2019 meeting of the Board of Ministerial Standards and Education.
- Protocol for Cases of Alleged Misconduct (not part of the Regulations but govern the board’s activities)
- Definition of Professional Misconduct
- Procedures for Ordination Brochure