1. CABC Council met last week – they are a courageous collection of committed leaders who are called to serve us. Pray for them as the help give strategic leadership.
2. Our current President is Rev. Michael Palmer. Michael is busy – husband to Sheila, father to four, lead pastor at Florenceville United Baptist Church, and a student in the “Arrow Leadership” program. Pray for Michael as he travels, leads, pastors, parents and husbands.
3. In October our Board of Ministerial Standards & Education will meet with potential ministry candidates. Pray for those who are on the BMSE for wisdom and for those who are coming to meet with the board.
4. Healthy Churches. Missional Churches. This requires healthy pastors living out of a cycle of grace and not a cycle of works.
5. A cycle of grace begins with an understanding of ones acceptance by God based on the sacrifice of Jesus, not on our behaviors/ministry success.
6. 65 is the number of new congregations target for the 2025 Goals, just two years in we are already have 11 new congregation/partnerships started and a number of significant conversations with more are ongoing.
7. Critical self-question: “What am I doing to be an Impact Leader as well as impact other leaders.”
8. Critical self-question: “How am I helping my local congregation Infuse Culture with the sweet aroma of Jesus Christ.”
9. Critical self-question: “What conversations can I have with the leaders of the congregation I worship with that will help Ignite Mission in our community.”
10. Oasis theme song ‘Build Your Kingdom Here‘ by Rend Collective continues to challenge and inspire many of those who attended this years Oasis event.