Become one of CBAC’s
300 Mission-Edge Neighbourhood Churches
What is a Mission-Edge Neighbourhood Church?
A Mission-Edge Neighbourhood Church is a church displaying the Good News of Jesus in both word and deed in its local community in on-going, relevant and contextual ways for their locality. They are also seeking to reach into neighbourhoods and networks all over the world through demonstrating and proclaiming the Good News of Jesus.
How do we become a Mission-Edge Neighbourhood Church?
Begin by working through this assessment in your church to gauge how you are currently doing on the Six Essential Aspects of a MENC (Mission-Edge Neighbourhood Church.) Invite both leadership (e.g. staff, deacons, elders) and a representative cross-section of your church to fill-out the assessment survey and results sheet. After the assessment create a Mission-Edge team to determine what aspects need improvement and commit to an action plan for becoming a stronger Mission-Edge Neighbourhood Church.
Six Essential Aspects of a Mission-Edge Neighbourhood Church
- Embracing hospitality
- Equipping one another to share the Gospel in WORD
- Helping one another share the Gospel in DEED
- Seeking to understand and partner with our local and global COMMUNITY
- Seeking to understand CULTURE
- GATHERING in Christ to grow and SCATTERING into our neighbourhoods around the world
Download the Mission Edge material here:
- Mission-Edge Neighbourhood Church Materials (complete version) – https://baptist-atlantic.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Mission-Edge-Church-Evaluation-WEB-2.pdf – This is for the team designated at your church to examine where your church still has room to grow towards becoming a CBAC Mission-Edge Neighbourhood Church and to come up with your own Mission-Edge Neighbourhood growth plan.
- Download the Mission-Edge Survey only version – https://baptist-atlantic.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/ME-Survey-Only-WEB-2.pdf – This is for the Mission-Edge team at your church to give to individuals in the congregation to fill-out and help you assess how you are currently doing in each of the six areas of being a Mission-Edge Neighbourhood church.
300 Mission Edge Churches is one of our three main priorities. Read about our other priorities here:
65 New Congregations
75 Emerging Leaders (total of 150 pastor leaders)