Lent is that time of year where we take time to prepare our hearts for Easter. Traditionally, lent uses prayer and fasting as a way for us to enter into the Easter story, the centre of the gospel.
This year we’re asking you to join us in a season of prayer, listening to what God may say to us and intentionally make space for God.
Join us in praying around our strategic priorities:
- 3000 baptisms in one year by 2025
- 300 Mission Edge Churches
- 75 Emerging Pastor Leaders + 75 more pastor leaders = 150 pastor leaders
- 65 New Congregations
Join our Facebook CBAC Prayer Group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/932213173643953/.
Beginning Monday March 11th and every Monday through Lent, we’re setting up an online prayer group beginning at 12 noon for 30 minutes. Join us via Zoom (no account required; just click the appropriate link below before noon).
We’ll be talking about some aspects of prayer and introduce some ideas about prayer that may be new to you. We’re also going to hear from people who have learned how to wait on God as they have wrestled with major struggles in their personal lives. This Lenten prayer emphasis is an opportunity for you to deepen your prayer life and ministry. Join us!
List of dates, topics and faciliatators:
- March 11 – Silence/Breath Prayer: Lectio Divina (Cheryl Ann Beals) – https://zoom.us/j/135253534
- March 18 – Fasting and Sacrifice (Andrew Sutherland) – https://zoom.us/j/754266156
- March 25 – Listening Prayer (Debbie Simmonds) – https://zoom.us/j/754266156
- April 1 – Waiting on God, Part 1 (Doug Schofield) – https://zoom.us/j/754266156
- April 8 – The Word – Prayer for our Strategic Priorities (Peter Reid) – https://zoom.us/j/754266156
- April 15 – Waiting on God, Part 2 – https://zoom.us/j/754266156