2024 Treasurer’s Newsletter — View PDF

2024 Treasurer’s Handbook — View PDF

Confidential Information Sheet



The CBAC administers a Retirement Plan for CBAC employees, pastors, and others who qualify under the Regulations of the Pension & Benefits Board.

If an employee chooses not to participate in the Plan, the employee must fill in a Pension Waiver Form. The church should keep the original signed waiver on file and send a copy to the CBAC Office.

The insurance plan provides for Basic Life insurance, Dependent Life insurance, Health, Dental & Vision coverage, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance. Details on these coverages along with premiums can be found in the Treasurer’s Handbook.

Employee and Family Assistance Plan


  • Insurance Waiver (PDF)
    • To be filled in if employee does not want to participate in all insurances including Basic Life and Long Term Disability. Please keep a copy at the church and send one to Karen Gunn, Benefits Coordinator
The CBAC provides a group benefit plan and a defined contribution pension plan in our partnership with Canadian Baptist Ministries, Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec, Canadian Baptists of Western Canada and French Baptist Union. Since these are compulsory plans, churches are obligated to offer them to all employees that qualify. For further information regarding eligibility please refer to the Treasurer’s Handbook.

Enrolment forms are available through Karen Gunn, Benefits Coordinator at the CBAC office. Email Karen, or phone 506-635-1922 ext. 1013.


  • New Employee enrolment forms
  • Confidential Information Sheet
    • This form must be sent in to the Benefits Coordinator as soon as there is a change in salary. Canada Life requires the Total Salary figure to calculate the Long Term Disability premium. Once the form is received and calculated by Canada Life the adjustment in premium will be billed back to the church. If a member has to go on Long Term Disability, they will receive 67% of the last reported salary.


Who To Contact:
  • Karen Gunn, Benefits Coordinator – Email Karen, or phone 506-635-1922 ext 1013.

The CBAC Pension & Benefits Department

Through our Pension and Benefits Board, the CBAC is able to provide excellent pension and benefits services for staff of our CBAC churches, Acadia Divinity College, Crandall University and other church-related agencies. We are part of the National Pension & Insurance Committee, which gives oversight to the Canadian Baptist Pension Plan and most of the other benefits provided (Life and disability insurances, Employee Assistance Program [EAP: 1-866-289-6749]). We locally administer the medical/dental program. Housing subsidies are available for retired ordained pastors or their widows/widowers who reside in apartments or houses owned by Atlantic Baptist Housing. The Board also provides pension subsidies for pastors on low income and financial assistance for the widows, widowers and/or orphans of our pastors.

Further Resources

Pension and Benefits Board