The role of the Finance department is to provide oversight to the finances of the CBAC in keeping with the budget adopted by delegates at our annual Assembly (Oasis). As well, we offer resources and programs that benefit pastors and churches and information to help church treasurers fulfill their role.
What We Provide:
- Baptist Church Insurance Program: Offered through Palmer Atlantic and Ecclesiastical Insurance. Palmer Atlantic CBAC Church Insurance Program
- Furnace Oil Discount for CBAC Churches: Offered through Irving Oil. Call 1-888-310-1924 ext. 3480 for more information. cabc_furnace_oil_application_nov08.pdf
- Pre-Authorized Debit for Churches: The CBAC can facilitate Pre-Authorized Debit for your local church, enabling your members to do automated regular giving.
- Employee Assistance Program – Please call 1-800-387-4765
- Pension & Benefits
- GoodLife Fitness discount – contact Rev. Cheryl Ann Beals, Director of Clergy Formation & Wellness, for more information
- Information for Treasurers:
- 2024 Treasurers Handbook. The Treasurers’ Handbook is prepared to help local church treasurers efficiently and accurately fulfill their responsibilities. The handbook also contains guidelines to help Search Committees and Boards of Deacons establish fair compensation packages for their pastor.
- 2023 Teasurers Newsletter
- Sun Life Treasurer’s Guide
- Canadian Centre for Christian Charities. Treasurers may find it helpful to access resources available on the website for the Canadian Centre for Christian Charities. If your church is not a member you will be able to learn more about the benefits of becoming an affiliated member.
- Confidential Information Sheet (2022). This form must be sent in to the Benefits Coordinator as soon as there is a change in salary. Canada Life requires the Total Salary figure to calculate the Long Term Disability premium. Once the form is received and calculated by Canada Life the adjustment in premium will be billed back to the church. If a member has to go on Long Term Disability, they will receive 67% of the last reported salary.
- New Employee: When a new employee meets the eligibility requirements for the Pension and Benefits Plan, complete the enrollment forms (PDF) and return to the Benefits Coordinator within 30 days of eligibility.
- Monthly Remittance Form (PDF); Monthly Remittance Form (Fillable PDF). This form is used for contributions to the Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada and our shared ministry (formerly called “United in Mission”) and for supplemental contributions to the following:
- Canadian Baptist Ministries
- Atlantic Baptist Missions
- Acadia Divinity College
- Crandall University
- Union of French Baptist Churches
- Halifax Hospital Chaplaincy
- Saint John-Kings Hospital Chaplaincy
- December Communion Offering Fund
- Preparing Future Pastors Fund
Who to contact:
- Debbie Barriault, Interim Director of Finance – email@example.com; 1-506-635-1922 ext. 1008
CBAC Donor Restricted Gift Policy
Spending of funds is confined to programs and projects approved by the CBAC. Each restricted contribution designated towards such an approved program or project will be used as designated with the understanding that when the need for such a program or project has been met, or cannot be completed for any reason determined by the organization, the remaining restricted contributions will be used where needed most.
Promotional Video: “We are the Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada…” — Download MP4 (178MB)
Download MP4 (98MB)
Jacqueline Derrah works in the area of Refugee Sponsorship and Intercultural Ministries with the CBAC.
Download MP4 (124MB)
Rev. Kevin Vincent is the Director of the Centre for New Congregations and Director of the Atlantic Baptist Mission Board.
Download MP4 (108MB)
Dr. Garth Williams is the Director of the Centre for Leadership Development.
Youth & Family Ministries
Download MP4 (88MB)
Laura Bennett is the Associate Director of Youth & Family and Coordinator of Justice and Advocacy.
Dr. Greg Jones – Congregational Renewal
Download MP4 (102MB)
Dr. Greg Jones is an Associate Executive Minister and Director of the Centre for Congregational Renewal.
Karen Gunn – Pension & Benefits
Download MP4 (93MB)
Karen Gunn is our the Pension & Benefits Coordinator.
Dr. Cheryl Ann Beals – Clergy Formation & Wellness
Download MP4 (125MB)
Dr. Cheryl Ann Beals is our Director of Clergy Formation & Wellness for the CBAC.
An Overview of the Work of the CBAC (Fall 2020) — Download MP4