The World Acadian Congress 2014 (Congrès Mondial Acadien / CMA) is happening in Madawaska, NB August 8-24, 2014. At least 50,000 visitors are expected for this every-five-year cultural festival and homecoming.
Just south of the Edmundston epicenter lies the village of Ste-Anne-de-Madawaska and the Église Évangélique Baptiste de Ste-Anne – one of CABC and French Union Baptist churches. They have a huge vision to share Christ’s love with their community, region and with many, many visitors.
“God has given us a vision. Now we need help,” says Pastor Gâetan Savoie. Here is some of what they believe God is calling them to do during the congress:
- Almost every night at Ste-Anne’s sports dome, the church is sponsoring rallies featuring cultural and Christian film, dance, drama and gospel presentations.
- They are also providing rest areas, kids entertainment areas, free drinks and Louisiana “Gumbo”.
- AND, along with other area churches, 50,000 commemorative bilingual New Testaments will be distributed.
“We are considered a cult in this area. This is our chance to show that we love our God, our neighbours and our culture. This is our chance to show that we belong to big and wonderful family. This is our chance to share God’s transforming love with others.” – Pasteur Savoie
They need help. Francophone and Anglophone help.
- Help to distribute New Testaments.
- Participate in the rallies.
- Take in other Congress events.
- Enjoy Acadian hospitality and culture.
- Come and encourage and get to know your sisters and brothers in Christ of the growing Église Évangélique Baptiste de Ste-Anne-de-Madawaska.
- Bring your tents or trailers. Stay in the church. Stay in the local school where the church is setting up 200 army cots and providing food. Stay in local homes.
Would you consider being a part of this incredible opportunity to Impact, Infuse & Ignite?
To reserve a spot and get more information contact Paul Carline, Director of Inter-Cultural Ministries, Convention of Atlantic Baptist Churches or phone 506-635-1922 ext. 106.