If you would like to do research into the history of Baptists in Atlantic Canada, we encourage you to visit the Baptist Archives in Vaughan Memorial Library at Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia. For more information about the library and archives you can visit the Vaughan Library site.
The Atlantic Baptist Archives houses the records of Baptist churches in Atlantic Canada along with their governing organization, the Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada (CBAC). This includes, but is not limited to:
- Minute books of the Church and their Boards, Committees, and organizations (Women’s Missionary Society, Sunday School, etc)
- Annual reports
- Membership lists
How do I deposit my baptist church records?
Baptist Heritage Series Editorial Committee – The members are responsible for deciding on the use of the budget of the committee, responding to issues important to the history of Baptists, encouraging authors and collectors of material and seeking to share enthusiasm for our history with our people.
Baptist Historical Committee Members:
- Baxter, Ron (To Retire 2018)
- Murray, James (To Retire 2018)
- Carpenter, Sterling (To Retire 2019)
- Kinsman, Brian (To Retire 2019)
- Soleil-Day, Shirley (To Retire 2019)
- Fevens, Wayne (To Retire 2020)
- Grant, Keith S. (To Retire 2020)
- McGaw, Helen (To Retire 2020)
Ex Officio – CBAC Executive Minister & CBAC President
Co-opted Advisory Member – Alma Johnston-Tynes